10 Reasons to Hire an Experienced Personal Injury Attorney
1. Has Experience Assessing Claims - Personal injury attorneys are experienced with cases like yours and can tell you at the outset whether it is worth your while to pursue legal action. If you are unlikely to prevail, you will not need to incur the time and expense of preparing for litigation.
2. Gets Paid for Results - Most personal injury attorneys work for a contingent fee, which means that if you do not win your case, you will not owe attorneys' fees. Similarly, you are not responsible for any costs of litigation, for example, a doctor's charge for reviewing your medical records, unless your case results in a recovery. In summary no monies would be payable by you unless your case was won and a recovery was obtained.
3. Cuts Through Red Tape - An experienced attorney can work through the maze of paperwork necessary to resolve your claim so that you can get on with your life.
4. Uses an Investigative Team - Experienced attorneys work with a team of investigators who have experience in specialized areas, such as accident reconstruction, who can investigate, document, and explain the technical aspects of your case to a jury.
5. Maintains Objectivity - A personal injury attorney can be more objective about your case than you can and will not make a rash decision. Whereas you may be tempted, for instance, to go for a quick payout, your attorney may counsel you that it is in your best interests to wait for a more appropriate offer.
6. Evaluates Alternative Dispute Resolution - An experienced attorney will know whether your dispute may be best resolved through mediation, thereby saving you time, money, and emotional energy.
7. Works with Other Lawyers - An experienced personal injury lawyer can deal most effectively and expediently with opposing counsel.
8. Knows Insurance Companies' Tactics - Lawyers are also used to working with insurance companies and will not be confused by their tactics or feel pressured to settle for an unsatisfactory amount.
9. Works for the Best Settlements - Personal injury attorneys work hard to reach the best settlements for their clients, as early in the litigation process as possible.
10. Obtains the Best Jury Verdicts – If a trial becomes necessary, a personal injury lawyer can zealously represent you in court and work toward achieving the best possible jury verdict in your favor.
Disclaimer: This site and any information contained herein is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. Seek the help of competent legal counsel for advice on any legal matter.
At the Thetford Law Firm, we handle all types of personal injury and wrongful death cases. We look forward to hearing from you so that we can answer all your questions. For your convenience, you can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you're injured, remember:
Call an experienced personal injury attorney like F. William Thetford as soon as possible for advice and assistance.
Call us for more specific information and find out how
We Can Help You!.
Don’t delay – find out your rights as soon as possible. Let us help you. Please contact us for a free initial consultation to discuss your situation. Call 405 235-9229, toll free 800-725-9229, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or request a free case evaluation.